One gets much worried by ORA-12704:character set mismatch. It is hard to track what is going on. But the guideline below will give relief.
Causes of Oracle Error ORA-12704: character set mismatch
-The string operands(other than an nlsparams argument) to an operator or built-in function do not have the same character set.
- An nlsparams operand is not in the database character set.
- String data with character set other than the database character set is passed to a built-in function not expecting it.
- The second argument to CHR() or CSCONVERT() is not CHAR_CS or NCHAR_CS.
- A string expression in the VALUES clause of an INSERT statement, or the SET clause of an UPDATE statement, does not have the same character set as the column into which the value would be inserted.
- A value provided in a DEFAULT clause when creating a table does not have the same character set as declared for the column.
- An argument to a PL/SQL function does not conform to the character set requirements of the corresponding parameter.
Action to be taken
Check one of the suspected region in your coding in PL/SQL and find the error occuring part. Then you can fix it and get rid of it! Happy error detection!!
Finally I would like to welcome you to get insight on implementing object relational features in oracle illustrated with a simple ecommerce scenario.
Most of the times programmers fill the DataTable from database. This action fills the schema of the database table into the DataTable . We ...
The asp.net Eval() and Bind() expressions are heavily used in asp.net GridView and DetailsView data bound controls. The difference between ...
I have oracle database installed in my computer. My Operating system is XP. I wrote an application in asp.net. It connected to oracle databa...
Last time I got the following error: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related ...
We do have a folder (and a number of sub folders) with a number of various files in those folders (and sub folders). Now we do need to list ...
Much often we open child windows from parent web page . In the child page we perform some activities, and later close the window. At the ver...
The default behaviour of asp.net gridview is that it hides both Gridview header and footer when no data is present. You can note the absence...