Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CS0030: Cannot convert type 'ASP.login_aspx' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login'

I came to read this error: CS0030: Cannot convert type 'ASP.login_aspx' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login' in the deployed asp.net web application. Further it was working well when in the IDE Visual Studio 2005. Yeah, after having configured a virtual directory in the IIS of my machine, I had published my asp.net web application into thus configured virtual directory directly from my Visual Studio 2005 IDE. Then I tried to run it from the browser and exactly the mentioned error CS0030: Cannot convert type 'ASP.login_aspx' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login' occurred.

I searched on and found some solutions to this problem. Each of them are claimed to solve this error. I have listed them below:

  • You should rename your Login Page. Let this be LogIntoSite.aspx, the code behind being LogIntoSite.aspx.cs.
  • Add a namespace into the code behind of Login.aspx.cs. Then update the design file Login.aspx by pointing the Inherits property including this namespace. You can do it like below.

  • Uncheck the 'Allow this precompiled site to be updatable' when you are publishing your asp.net web application from the Visual Studio 2005 IDE.

    In my case, I followed the second trick, just because I loved the Login.aspx page's original name You can do any of the above to avoid the error. Happy programming!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Hope you liked this post. You can leave your message or you can put your valuable suggestions on this post here. Thanks for the sharing and cooperation!

    Popular Posts

    Recent Articles